Account Opening and UsageMinimum Deposit needed to open account – $100
Monthly Maintenance Charge – $6
Requirement to avoid Monthly Maintenance Charge – Receive at least one direct deposit of payroll, pension, Social Security or any other regularly received income into your account each month.
Pays Interest – No
- $0.00 for using WSFS ATMs
- $3.00 per withdrawal from Non-WSFS ATMs
- $1.00 per deposit or per transfer from Non-WSFS ATMs
- $1.00 per inquiry from Non-WSFS ATMs
Stop Payment – $35 (per item)
Account Closing Charge – $20 (if account is closed within 90 days of opening)
Inactivity Charge – $8 per month if no Customer generated activity for 3 months AND the minimum daily balance is less than $1,000
Other Service Charges – Consult the Personal Deposit Service Cost Summary for full listing of account charges.
Overdraft Information and FeesOverdraft-Paid Charge – $35 for each item we pay
Overdraft-Return Charge (Non-Sufficient Funds) – $35 for each item we return
Sustained Overdraft Charge – $5 per day (begins on the 5th day of overdrawn balance)
Overdraft Advance/Transfer Charge (when you enroll in Overdraft Protection from your linked savings or line of credit account) – $10 per advance/transfer
Overdraft Information for Customers with Debit CardsCourtesy Overdraft Service
We offer an overdraft service called Courtesy Overdraft Service with all of our accounts that offer an ATM/debit card. To enroll in the Courtesy Overdraft Service, stop by your nearest WSFS Branch, call us at 1-888-WSFSBANK or login into WSFS Online Banking and change your Courtesy Overdraft Service settings under the Customer Service menu. For more details, please see the What You Need to Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees document.
Option A (default) – You do not enroll in Courtesy Overdraft Service:
Your account is set up to decline any ATM or one-time debit card transactions that may overdraw your account when you have insufficient funds. Since these transactions will be declined, you will not be charged the overdraft-paid fee. We may authorize and pay other transactions types for which you will be charged the overdraft-paid fee.
Option B – You do enroll in Courtesy Overdraft Service:
Your account is set up to allow any ATM or one-time debit card transactions to be paid when you do not have enough money available in your account. The overdraft-paid fee will be charged for each item we pay. We reserve the right not to pay an overdraft at our discretion.
Processing PoliciesPosting Order (The order in which withdrawals and deposits are processed):
Transactions are generally posted at the end of each business day in the following order. On occasion we reserve the right to change our order of posting from time to time without notice to you. The order in which we post your transactions may affect whether you incur fees for insufficient or unavailable funds
- First – Deposits and incoming transfer that have become available to you.
- Second – Outgoing wire transfers.
- Third – Withdrawals (such as ATM, debit card or check transactions) from highest dollar amount to lowest dollar amount. Some fees associated with a transaction such as an ATM are posted simultaneously with the transaction.
- Fourth – Fees and services charges (such as overdraft, insufficient funds, and account maintenance) are posted after all other transactions.
• Wire transfers, electronic deposits and transfers between accounts.
• Cash deposits made at any WSFS banking office.
• Cash deposits made at any WSFS banking office ATM.
- Next business day:
• Non-cash deposits made at any WSFS banking office.
• Check deposits made at WSFS owned or operated ATMs by 3pm EST.
• Cash or check deposits made at non-WSFS owned or operated ATMS by 3pm EST.
• Deposits made using WSFS Snapshot Deposit by 7pm EST.
- Second business day:
• Check deposits made at a WSFS ATM after 3pm EST.
• Cash or check deposits made at a non-WSFS ATM after 3pm EST.
• Deposits made using WSFS Snapshot Deposit after 7pm EST.
This represents our general policy. For more details, please see the Funds Availability Policy in the Relationship Reference Guide.