The WSFS CARES Foundation
The WSFS CARES Foundation brings WSFS’ mission of We Stand for Service® to life across the communities we serve. The mission of the WSFS CARES Foundation is to support qualified nonprofit service organizations within our regional footprint that are invested in improving communities, fostering a spirit of inclusion and diversity, and whose focus aligns with the WSFS CARES Foundation’s transformational vision.
We envision a world in which all of our community members are given an equal opportunity to succeed. Our communities will be enriched by our philanthropic efforts, personal commitment to service, and intentional desire to assist those in need that lead to a better life. Grants are awarded for initiatives that are innovative, creative, sustainable and replicable.
We support nonprofit organizations that focus on:Community Investment
WSFS supports the communities in which we operate, including providing grants and contributions to support events, initiatives and activities that enhance the quality of life in our communities and that promote cultural diversity, involve civic leadership and provide citizen education.Affordable Housing
WSFS provides support to organizations that shelter the homeless, provide affordable housing solutions, first time homebuyer assistance and more to help address the housing needs of low to moderate income individuals and families.Revitalization and Business Economic Empowerment
WSFS partners with Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), Community Development Corporations (CDCs), business district improvement organizations and more to promote a quality standard of living and economic wellbeing of the communities we serve.Education and Leadership Development
WSFS supports educational programs for children and adults to provide opportunities for mentoring, workforce development, internship programs, financial literacy and more to help prepare members of the community for success.Services for Those in Need
WSFS contributes to organizations that protect the health of those who live within our communities and are least able to afford the health care services they need. We support food banks, educational and counseling programs to help promote healthy lifestyles, and offer services to people with disabilities and special needs.Grant Guidelines
The following criteria will be used to evaluate the grant proposal:
- The targeted population the program will impact
- The success of previously implemented programs, or failures that will be remedied through the application of this grant
- Evidence of need
- Viability of program replication
- Evidence of previously achieved benchmarks against which outcomes can be measured
- Demonstrated ability to implement systemic change
Grant applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and are reviewed and approved throughout the course of the year. The following information is required:
- Application »
- Description of your organization’s mission
- Program/project description
- Program/project budget
- Most recent operating budget
- Most recent annual report financial
- Biographical information for board of directors/trustees
- IRS letter and 501(c)(3) certification
The WSFS CARES Foundation supports qualified nonprofit organizations that are invested in improving communities, fostering a spirit of inclusion and diversity, and whose focus aligns with our transformational vision. We will not provide funding to the following types of organizations, programs or activities:
- Organizations outside of our regional footprint and areas of focus
- Private Charities or Foundations
- Debt reduction
- Direct religious programs
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Organizations must represent that their programs and activities for which they seek funding do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Grant requests over $25,000 will be recommended to the WSFS CARES Foundation Board quarterly for review.
REQUEST A GRANT
*Please note, the above link will redirect you to a form, powered by Kadince, off of wsfsbank.com.