1. What is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is a simple way to pay in stores or within apps using cards loaded on eligible devices that are used every day. When a card is enrolled in Samsung Pay, a digital account number is assigned, encrypted and stored on a dedicated chip on the device. When a purchase is made, the device account number along with a dynamic, transaction-specific security code is used to process the payment. This means that the actual card number is never shared with merchants or transmitted with the payment making this a simple and secure way to pay.
2. How can I add my WSFS Debit/Credit Card to Samsung Pay?
It’s easy for you to add your WSFS Debit or Credit Cards to Samsung Pay. Simply download the Samsung Pay app onto an eligible Samsung device. Open the Samsung Pay app and click ADD. Align your card to fit inside the frame or enter the card data manually. Then enter additional information required such as name, expiration date and CVV (security) code and zip code. You will then be prompted for a one-time passcode sent to you by text or email or you will need to call Samsung Pay Call Center to verify their card.
3. Do I receive an alert when a WSFS Debit/Credit Card gets added to Samsung Pay?
If you use debit card alerts will receive an alert when Samsung verifies the card information.
4. Where can I use Samsung Pay?
The majority of merchants will accept it, since Samsung Pay can be used wherever you would swipe your credit or debit card, or wherever contactless payments are accepted. However, you should still carry your physical cards to use where contactless payments are not accepted, for example at gas pumps.
5. How can I make purchases using Samsung Pay?
Just swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen on your mobile device, or launch the Samsung Pay app. Choose your payment card. Authenticate, using the fingerprint sensor on your phone, or by entering your Samsung Pay PIN. Then hold your phone or device near the payment terminal to complete the transaction. You may need to sign a receipt or enter your PIN as usual.
6. What Samsung devices can use Samsung Pay?
- Galaxy S8, S7 Edge, S7, S6 Edge+, S6 Edge, S6 Active, S6 and Galaxy Note 5 and Gear S3 and S2 smartwatch
- All eligible devices must have Android OS 6 or later
- U.S. Carriers: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular or Verizon
7. How do returns work with Samsung Pay transactions?
The return process may vary by merchant. You may need to present a receipt from the retailer to return the item. You may also be asked for your digital card number. Some retailers may even process the return using the same Samsung Pay enabled device that was used to purchase the item to process the return.
8. What can I do when my Samsung device is missing or stolen?
If your Samsung Pay device is ever lost or stolen, you can use findmymobile.samsung.com to easily lock your cards from Samsung Pay. You can continue to make purchases using your physical card even when the cards are locked in your Samsung device.
9. Do I need to add my cards again if I replace my Samsung device?
If you replace or update your Samsung device, you will need to set-up your WSFS debit or credit card(s) into Samsung Pay again on your new device. WSFS debit or credit card(s) will not be transferred automatically.
10. If I lose my card and it is been reported to WSFS, will it still work in Samsung Pay?
No, once your card is reported lost or stolen it will not work in Samsung Pay. When you get a new card, you will need to add the card into Samsung Pay.
11. Do I need to add a newly issued card into Samsung Pay?
For any cards replaced due to expiration, loss, theft or fraud, you will need to add the card to Samsung Pay as if it were new – either using the device camera or by manually adding the card information.
12. How do I remove an old card in Samsung Pay?
To remove a card from Samsung Pay, simply select the card in Samsung Pay app and click on the three dots Action Bar at the top corner. Select Delete Card. After deleting, the card can be re-added to Samsung Pay at any time.
13. Can I add the same card into more than one mobile device?
Yes, the same card can be added to more than one Samsung device if the devices are tied to the same Samsung account. You will need to add the cards separately to each device. The cards are not automatically added.