WSFS Bank Text Notification Service
keeping-my-information-safe | Read Time: 6 minutes
By Kyle Babcock | Published: July 2022
WSFS Bank text messages are sent for several reasons, ranging from announcements and simple account notifications to fraud alerts and more. Below is a summary of the types of text notifications you may receive from us.
Texts from 70169
WSFS Bank will occasionally communicate with Customers via our secure text notification service which will come from short code 70169. This service allows us to share important information, special announcements, and other relevant content.
Verifying a text from 70169
- Confirm that a text message is from WSFS by referencing the 70169 ‘short code’. A short code is the phone number from which the message has been sent. Text messages will always contain a link to a webpage, which when opened will have the WSFS Bank logo at the top.
WSFS Card Fraud Alerts
Sent when there is unusual activity on your account – such as a larger than usual purchase – these messages will require a response from you to ensure that your account has not been compromised.
These are messages you have ‘opted in’ to receive and can include:
- Account alerts such as account balance, transfer notification, low balance notification and more.
- ATM/debit card alerts such as transaction monitoring, pending refund, transaction declined and more.
- Bill payment alerts such as automatic payment notice, e-bill received, payee added or changed and more.
Automatically Generated Service Alerts
These messages are generated to confirm that you took action to update something on your account, such as changing a password, adding a new bill pay payee, or updating your contact information.
- Text messages from WSFS Bank will never ask you to provide personal information such as usernames, passwords, PINs or social security numbers.
- Our text and alert notifications are one-way communications and are not equipped to receive text replies from Customers.
If you are ever unsure about the authenticity of a WSFS text, please visit your nearest banking office or call 1.888.WSFSBANK from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday-Friday or 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.