WSFS Bank, the oldest and largest locally-managed bank and trust company headquartered in the Delaware Valley, is seeking dedicated and highly driven individuals to join our team. We have been consistently ranked a Top Workplace in the region, and have been recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace for two years in a row.
We provide a continuous learning environment, challenging work and opportunities for advancement. Ideal candidates will get to know their customers, understand their financial needs and recommend products and services. In addition to learning how to open accounts and submit loan applications, you will also be responsible for a cash drawer, achieve personal deposit and loan sales goals, as well as process customers' transactions in a timely and accurate manner. You will also be trained in relationship building methods and referral techniques in order to make the best product and service recommendations for your customers and expand your branch's customer base.
WSFS Bank's Sales & Service Personal Bankers are provided with a series of classroom and hands-on experiences at various banking offices to apply the knowledge and skills learned. Training covers applications used to conduct transaction processing and account opening, referral techniques, customer service and relationship building. Each Associate will be positioned for success over a 6-9 month period with the necessary knowledge needed to provide stellar service and become an engaged member of the organization.
This position will staff a banking office in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania which can include Blue Bell, King of Prussia, Limerick, Oaks, Trooper and surrounding areas.
This is a full-time 40 hour/week position with flexible rotating weekly schedule and 2-3 Saturdays per month are required. This schedule can change at any time based on business needs. This position offers a competitive base salary, incentive opportunity, and benefits. The hired candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H-1B visa. WSFS Bank does not intend to file any visa applications in connection with this opening.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Extensive consultative sales experience of Bank Products.
• The incumbent must have excellent customer service and referral skills and the ability to deal with the public enthusiastically and professionally.
• He/she must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• The incumbent must have the ability to sell products and services.
• He/she must have previous cash handling experience.
• Prior work history in a retail sales environment is required.
• Can pay attention to detail and follows instructions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.