What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
· Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
· Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you provide us with your consent (see below):
· ATM transactions
· One-time debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if WSFS Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
· We will charge you a fee of $35 each time we pay an overdraft.
· Also, if your account is overdrawn for 5 or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $5 per day.
· There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want WSFS Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and one-time debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and one-time debit card transactions, you may inform us of your decision through your Online Banking account, visit a branch or call 1-888-WSFSBANK.